NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The NFT Holiday Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of Canada and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws applicable therein. Participants must be at least the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at time of entry. Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the "Contest Rules").
1. SPONSOR: The Contest sponsor is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited ("CTC" or the "Sponsor") with its head office located at 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8. This Contest is also administered by the Sponsor.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
Employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Contest Parties"), and those living in the same household, whether or not related of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Monday November 14, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Saturday December 24, 2022 (the "Contest Period") after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
The Contest Period will consist of five (5) weekly entry periods (each, a "Week"), as outlined in the following table:
|Week||Open (12:00 a.m. Eastern Time)|
|1||November 14, 2022|
|2||November 21, 2022|
|3||November 28, 2022|
|4||December 5, 2022|
|5||December 12, 2022|
4. HOW TO ENTER.
DISCLOSURE: NFTS ARE SUBJECT TO AN UNCERTAIN TECHNICAL AND LEGAL ENVIRONMENT. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO (i) THE PRIZE WINNER’S FUTURE TECHNICAL ABILITY TO ACCESS, DISPLAY, CUSTODY OR TRANSFER THE NFT DIGITAL TOKEN AND ANY ASSOCIATED DIGITAL MEDIA; OR (ii) THE PRIZE WINNER’S FUTURE ABILITY TO ACCESS, DISPLAY, CUSTODY OR TRANSFER THE NFT DIGITAL TOKEN AND ANY ASSOCIATED DIGITAL MEDIA IN COMPLIANCE WITH CANADIAN LAWS AND REGULATIONS. PRIZE WINNERS HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL LEGAL CLAIMS, RIGHTS OR REMEDIES AGAINST SPONSOR ARISING OUT OF THE PRIZE WINNER’S RECEIPT OF OR ABILITY TO ACCESS, DISPLAY, CUSTODY OR TRANSFER THE NFT DIGITAL TOKEN AND ANY ASSOCIATED DIGITAL MEDIA.
THE VALUE OF THE NFT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. IT CAN GO UP OR DOWN AND THERE CAN BE A SUBSTANTIAL RISK THAT IT COULD LOSE VALUE (POSSIBLY ALL VALUE) AS A RESULT OF MARKET DEVELOPMENTS, LEGAL AND REGULATORY DEVELOPMENTS, OR OTHER FACTORS AFFECTING NON-FUNGIBLE TOKENS.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
7. RELEASE. Each Winner will be required to acknowledge/execute the Confirmation and Release to confirm their: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor and all other Contest Parties, Canadian Tire Associate Dealers and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, successors, assigns, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Releasees") from and against any and all liability for any losses, harm, damages, costs or expenses arising out of or in connection with participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, any breach of the Contest Rules, including but not limited to costs, injuries, accidents, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; (iv) grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, photograph or likeness, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; and (v) acknowledgement that, upon request by the Sponsor, Winner shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as may reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of Winner’s rights. The Confirmation and Release must acknowledged or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any losses, harm,damages, costs or expenses of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including but not limited to personal injury, death, damage to, loss or destruction ofproperty,damage, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, portrayal in a false light and third party claims resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, fromparticipation in the Contest, participation in any Contest related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize or any breach of the Contest Rules.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (a) lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entries, eight-digit codes, notifications, responses, replies or any Confirmation and Release; (b) any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry; (c) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest; (d) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries and/or eight-digit codes; (e) any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing; (f) any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest or by the acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or the Contest Website. The Releasees make no warranty, guaranty, or representation of any kind concerning any Prize and disclaim any implied warranty, guaranty, or representation.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be made available online at https://treedecorator.canadiantire.ca. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online Sponsor or Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, photograph or likeness, email address, for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, photograph or likeness, for Contest administration, publicity, and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her name, photograph or likeness, to third-party agents and service providers acting on behalf of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, copyrights and any other intellectual property and trade secrets contained in any materials including without limitation print, digital and any other media is owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates, unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or other use of such material without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. TERMINATION. The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie") in Québec, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or to modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.FURTHER, IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AN ENTRANT BE PERMITTED OR ENTITLED TO OBTAIN (AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK OR CLAIM) INJUNCTIVE, EQUITABLE, OR OTHER NON-MONETARY RELIEF OR AWARDS FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LAWYERS’ FEES, OTHER THAN ENTRANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10), AND ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
15. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the French version of these rules, the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these English Contest Rules shall prevail.
16. SEVERABILITY. If any term or condition of the Contest Rules is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of the Contest Rules.
18. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at https://treedecorator.canadiantire.ca or by sending an email to vrtreedecorator@Cantire.com. Limit one (1) request per email. Rules requests must be received during the Contest Period.
19. WINNER LIST. To request a copy of the Contest winner list, send an email to vrtreedecorator@Cantire.com. Limit one (1) request per email. Requests for a copy of the winner list must be received by January 7, 2022.
20. SPONSOR.The sponsor of the Contest and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8.Reference to third parties in connection with the Prize is for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Contest.
19. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.